UTA’s 48th Annual Educational Conference held November 5-7th at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nevada received rave reviews from attendees.
The Education sessions received positive reviews from members;
- – On the ‘Insights of Current State Affairs’ session, sponsored by iMailTracking with Cathe Cole-Sherburn, Caren Castle, Esq., Dean Meyer, and Graham Kidner: “Always great to get the feedback from the GSEs.”
- – On the ‘Bankruptcy Updates with Bankruptcy Judges’ sponsored by FSI with Benjamin Levinson, Esq., Judge August Landis, Judge Christopher Jaime, and Judge Stephen Johnson: “These sessions helped me understand the BK process and the three judges discussed the case from their own view. I liked them all.”
- – On the ‘Default Servicing Economic Forecast’ session, sponsored by InSource Logic with Rick Sharga: “As always Rick provides amazing information and is a fantastic speaker.”
- – On the ‘Legislative Update’ session, sponsored by First American Mortgage Solutuions with Michelle Mierzwa, Esq., Mike Belote, Esq., Holly Chisa, and Brigham Lundberg, Esq., Haliday Wakins: “Good information and the speakers kept the pace going since there is a lot of information.”
- – On the Small Trustees Roundtable, sponsored by Quality Claims Investigative Services and facilitated by Randy Newman, Esq., of Total Lender Solutions and Robert Cullen of Redwood Trust Deed Services: “A successful round table, sharing valuable information.”
- – On the Large Trustees Roundtables, sponsored by Vested Title & Escrow and facilitated by Cathe Cole-Sherburn of Trustee Corps: “Interactive and engaging discussion on hot topics.”
- – On ‘Natural Disasters and Delays in Foreclosure’ sponsored by Metropolitan News Company with Andrew Boylan, Esq., McCarthy Holthus, David Passey of FEMA Region 9, Talia Ramirez, Computershare Loan Services and Tracy Hager, MCS: “I thought the session would be boring but it was very informative. All of the speakers were very good.”
- – On Case Law Updated sponsored by PLM Family of Companies with Andrew Boylan Esq., McCarthy Holthus, Laura Coughlin, Esq., McCalla Raymer Leibert & Pierce, Brigham Lundberg, Esq, Halliday Watkins, Kayo Manson-Tompkins, Esq., Steele, LLP, and Martin T. McGuinn, Esq., Law Office of Martin T. McGuinn: “Excellent information.”
- On Cybersecurity – What You Need to Know sponsored by Altisource with Heather Hall: “I loved this topic and felt like we could even go longer.”
A first-time attendee wrote: “I really enjoyed this conference! It was my first UTA and it is at the top of my list of conferences now. I love the intimate feel, the small intimate gatherings and the people were amazing. Thanks for the invite! Great job, UTA!”
“Always the best conference. The education, the people, the fun!” wrote one attendee. Another wrote: ”I actually wouldn’t mind going back to Reno!”
Sunday’s Welcome Reception was sponsored by MK Consultants. Breakfast during the conference was enjoyed and sponsored by Daily Journal and Carrington Foreclosure Services.
The Monday luncheon was sponsored by InSource Logic. The Tuesday luncheon and Exhibitor Raffle was sponsored by ServiceLink. Beverage breaks were sponsored by First American Mortgage Solutions; Wright, Finlay & Zak; and Daily Journal.
Additionally, exhibit prizes were donated by Michelle Stevens of Daily Journal Corporation; Miriam Paez of ServiceLink; and Robyn Bui of Quality Claims Investigative Services.
Members also enjoyed a ‘Denim & Bling’ dinner event where Twenty Silent Auction items and Three Live Auction items were won by attendees. Participants enjoyed the social activities, including Bundox Bocci.
Awards were also presented to Laura Coughlin of McCalla Raymber Leibert & Pierce, recipient of the Dorothy Schick Member of the Year Award and to Edward Treder, Esq., of Barrett Daffin Frappier Treder & Weiss, recipient of the Phil Adleson Education and Advocacy Award.
The 48th Annual Education Conference was sponsored by Gold Sponsors FSI; iMailTracking; and ServiceLink; and Silver Sponsors Altisource; Carrington Foreclosure Services; Daily Journal Corporation; The Hicklin Firm; Metropolitan News Company; PLM Family of Companies; Quality Claims Investigative Services; Vested Title & Escrow; and Wright, Finlay & Zak.