UTA’s 47th Annual Educational Conference held August 20th-23rd at the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada, Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nevada received rave reviews from attendees.
The Education sessions received positive reviews from members;
- – On the ‘Default Servicing Economic Forecast’ session, sponsored by STOXwith Rick Sharga: “Rick is the best. Love the way he presents complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner.”
- – On the ‘Where Are We Now That Moratoriums Have Lifted’ session, sponsored by iMailTrackingwith Cathe Cole-Sherburn, Todd Barton, Verise Campbell and Erica Johnson-Seck, “Great insight from the panel. Great takeaways.”
- – On the Bankruptcy Updates session, sponsored by First American Mortgage Solutions, with Judge Scott Clarkson, Judge August Landis, Benjamin Levinson, Esq., and Mark S. Blackman, Esq., “Excellent session. Hope to see the judges next year.”
- – On the Small Trustees Roundtable, sponsored by Daily Journal Corporation and facilitated by Randy Newman, Esq., and Robert Cullen: “Lively and informative discussion. Great that most participants added their input. Nice that an emphasis was placed on trying to get consensus on certain issues.”
- – On the Large Trustees Roundtable, sponsored by Metropolitan News Company and facilitated by Cathe Cole-Sherburn: “Everyone was engaged in this session. Fantastic to see.” Another added, “It’s great to have everyone together to openly discuss common pain points and issues that we’re all dealing with.”
- – On ‘The Push and Pull Between Employers and Employees’ sponsored by Trustee Corps with Dennis David, Ph.D., “Valuable and relevant – excellent speaker, and right on in the assessment of today’s workforce.”
- – On the Legislative Update session sponsored by The Hicklin Firm with Michelle Mierzwa, Esq., Mike Belote, Esq., Holly Chisa, Kent Cammack, Esq., and Brigham Lundberg, Esq., “Well done! Mike Belote is always entertaining and I appreciate the inclusion of the other smaller states’ legislation. All the panelists did an excellent job.” Another wrote; “Great session. Really appreciated the step by step history of SB 1323 by Mike Belote and all his hard work!”
- – On the Case Law Updated session sponsored by Xome with Martin T. McGuinn, Esq., Andrew Boylan, Esq., and Steve Hicklin, Esq., “Very thorough.” Another wrote, “Always a great session.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed the conference this year. More interaction with everyone,” wrote one attendee. Another wrote, “Thank you for a wonderful conference! The material and speakers were fabulous this year. I look forward to joining again next year.”
Sunday’s Welcome Reception was sponsored by MK Consultants. Breakfast during the conference was enjoyed and sponsored by FSI and iMailTracking.
The Monday luncheon was sponsored by ServiceLink. The Tuesday luncheon was sponsored by STOX. Beverage breaks were sponsored by Title 365, Harmony Title Agency, and ServiceLink.
Additionally, members enjoyed a Polynesian-themed dinner event featuring magician Rob Anderson. Seventeen Silent Auction items were won by attendees.
Participants enjoyed the social activities, including Cirque du Soleil’s newest show, Mad Apple, and a round of TopGolf.
Awards were also presented to Ben Levinson of The Law Office of Benjamin R. Levinson, recipient of the Dorothy Schick Member of the Year Award and to Elizabeth Knight of PLM Family of Companies, recipient of the Phil Adleson Education and Advocacy Award.
The 47th Annual Education Conference was sponsored by Gold Sponsors FSI; iMailTracking; ServiceLink; and STOX; and Silver Sponsors Daily Journal Corporation; First American Mortgage Solutions; Harmony Title Agency, Metropolitan News Company; The Hicklin Firm; and Xome.